RAD Labs

 

This is for all my editing friends out there...I recently learned about this add on for Photoshop Elements called Rad Labs, they were offering a free demo, so I thought...why not. As a mother of two, with a husband that works shifts, with a full time job, two hour a day commute and a passion/hobby/second job that takes almost as much time as the first, having time to make edits is almost non-existent, and while it has made my shots straight out of camera better, there are times when you want to add a little pop to an image before giving it to your client. So I have photoshop elements for that and have over the time bought lots and lots of actions to help me save time, the only down side is when you can't remember what an action does, so you apply it only to find that it doesn't do what you wanted and you have to start over....UGHHHHHH....talk about a waste of precious time. Well, since I installed Rad Labs, I have to say that I have a new love in my life and it is Rad Lab, it is absolutely wonderful, you can go into your filters and preview the actions before you play them and you can even control the action from the filter preview which is WONDERFUL!!!!! In all fairness and in full disclosure I have to say that normally when I find something cool like this, I share it with my photog friends, but don't usually go around yelling from the mountain tops, however, the folks over at Rad Labs is giving away a $500 Apple gift card to someone who blogs about their product. Well, let me just say, this program has made such a difference for me, that I would rather get a full version of their program than a $500 gift card to Apple, it is just that great. As for the downside, well, I haven't found one yet, the only suggestion I would have would be to find a way to incorporate some of the actions that I already have that I still like that I haven't been able to accomplish with their program, but I can find ways to live with that. I will be buying the full version once my demo is up and once I can save up the money needed to purchase this add on. After reading their website, I did see that the program can be used on other programs than Photoshop Elements, but since I don't use the others, I really couldn't tell you how it works with them, what I can tell you, is that from what I can tell, this is one of the best investments that I will make this year! Oh, here is a quick SOOC and Rad Lab comparison image of one of my favorite little men!

Be sure to check them out..... http://www.gettotallyrad.com/
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment